Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup.
That’s right. Chicken Taco Soup… an excellent way to remove or at least partially mask the funkolicious taste of bullshit you’ve had in your mouth since noon on January 20, 2017. Made at home in my very own crock pot, this spicy winter treat is a combination of tasty ingredients provided by the forgotten men and women who produce tasty ingredients. Luckily, I was able to purchase these ingredients before any giant price increase on products that may or may not have been transported to the Piggly Wiggly via some huge wall source.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired. Try to avoid diluting the entire recipe with liberal tears.
I have actually made this recipe (which I found on allrecipes.com) and found it to be excellent. Get to the store now before the price hike. Total recipe cost is about 22 bucks plus the next four to eight years of your life.